Steam Locomotive Manuals

Tue Oct 27 10:00:51 EDT 2009

In my collection I have a 5"x7" manual issued by the Santa Fe, Form
2500: "Instructions for Enginemen - governing - The Care, Maintenance
and Economical Operation of the Steam Locomotive" It was
Copyrighted by the ATSF RR, 1921, revised 1929, and revised 1942.
It's 221 pages, with nine large pullouts for the various components
the engineman should be familiar with. Apparently it was issued to
all newly hired enginemen; a great little book.

In 1979, the late Bill Fitt, then the publisher of Live Steam
Magazine and owner of Wildwood Publications, published the four
volume series from ICS "The Steam Locomotive Study Course". I paid
$85 for the four volume set in 1980, It is no longer published, but
you may be able to find used copies on Amazon, our other places.

ISBN #0-914104-05-5

http://www.livesteam.net/

Ron Peisker