Photos of 917

Tue Nov 17 23:32:20 EST 2009

The email below reminded me that I have some photos of 917 shortly after she arrived in Ohio. It seems they would be of more use to more people if they were on the Society's site.

Who do I contact to find out how to do this?

Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio

Which scrapyard did she go to? I'm just thinking that date is only a couple weeks before the four surviving steamers from Virginia Scrap Iron & Metal arrived in the yard. Makes me wonder if the orphaned 4-8-0 pilot truck that sat behind no. 917 in the yard (and is now the basis for her "tender" on display in Ohio) might have come from no. 484.

Richard Jenkins

Class M number 484 was sold as scrap at Roanoke on
5-30-1950.

Bud Jeffries

Does anyone know the subsequent history of no. 484?