piggyback question

Tue Nov 24 17:51:16 EST 2009

I passed the information about piggyback service in the steam era to another railfan who told me the only other photos from the period he had seen were NKP Berkshires pulling TOFC consists. He asked me if N&W had a name for their trailer on flatcar service. Can anyone answer this question?

Southern originally called theirs COMAR - for COntainerized Motor and Rail. Seaboard was Razorback. Some others were TrucTrain for Pennsy, FlexiVan for NYC. I think B&O was TOFCEE.

--Rick Morrison