N&W in 1910--Mallet engine

Wed Nov 25 10:15:13 EST 2009

Mr. A Hock is recorded in my roster book as having been hired 3 September, 1896. I'm sure that my Dad, ( Fireman T.C. Arnold Sr. Hired 7/29/26, deceased 12/17/50)
worked with him from time to time. I spent many happy hours standing on the Bluefield street corners, call office, and round house listening to Railroad Jargon. These guys were my heroes, which included a hobo introduced to me as "Uncle Sam" who was allowed, when in town, to stay in Mr. Dailey's garage on Giles Street..
Thanks again;
Gene A.
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 4:28 AM
Subject: Re: N&W in 1910--Mallet engine

Alfred Hock. He retired December 1, 1941.