N&W in 1910--Special train

Sun Dec 6 11:23:54 EST 2009

Bluefield Daily Telegraph
June 24, 1910

IN CITY AND COALFIELD
------
Special Convention Train
A special train has been arranged to run from Bluefield to Princeton for the benefit of those who desire to attend the Democratic county convention on Saturday, July 3rd. The basis of representation is one vote for every fifty cast for Bennett. Those present from each of the magisterial districts will cast the entire strength of that district.
------
[If anybody had asked me if a train had ever traveled from Bluefield to Princeton, I would have said, "slip chance," but maybe it happened. I would guess the route would have been from Bluefield to Matoaka on the Bluestone branch and then on the Virginian to Princeton. The electric interurban connecting the two cities was not in service until mid 1916.]

Gordon Hamilton