Former N&W Employee - Levi K. Matthews

Tue Dec 29 11:17:57 EST 2009

I'm working on an article for the Winston-Salem Chapter NRHS newsletter,
The Rail. The article is on Levi K Matthews who worked for the N&W for
38 years. He died in September of 1927.

Can anyone on the list give me information on where he worked and what
his job history might have been? From the picture of his tombstone in
Walnut Cove I presume one of his positions was as an engineer.

Any information would be appreciated and as soon as I can scan the
tombstone photo I'll share with you.

George

George L. Weber
Winston-Salem Chapter NRHS
Secretary - Newsletter Editor
Hm: 336-812-2963 Ofc: 336-474-5411 Cell: 336-870-4506

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a
nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Appreciate Freedom??? Thank a Veteran!!!