Video at Strasburg,PA

Wed Jan 6 20:36:02 EST 2010

Thanks for the link to the Stradburg RR video of 475. It brings back recent memories as I was there this past September. Alas, #475 wasn't under stream at the time so I "had" to ride behind the "other" steam locomotive.
As a side note, I was told by the gentleman that was giving the backshop, machine shop, etc tour that the engineers/firemen at Strasburg are not overly excited about operating #475 due to the lack of cab floor space. After inspecting the engine myself I was rather surprised at how little floor space there is. Pictures really don't convey the reality. Can any one on the list say what the normal work a day class M crew thought about their charge?
Dave Moorehead
Milford, Ohio