Video at Strasburg,PA

Thu Jan 7 07:43:27 EST 2010

Dave: As I understand the issue, the M's were considered outlaws due to
their deckles design. Sometime in the early 1900's the Federal folks jumped
into the safety discussions and banned further construction of this type
design. The fireman had to hand fire the boiler since the M's were built
without stokers and often if not always stood on the tender coal bunker
floor due to the lack of deck.

R.D. Williams

_____