Boyce passenger service clarification/s

Mon Feb 1 16:53:47 EST 2010

As a clarification, please for Boyce and other stations as well. The
employee timetable still shows Boyce as a passenger stop in October
1958 and does NOT show the location in the next ETT of April 1959. The
agent retired effective January 1,1959. This says to my research that
the depot was still open and a passenger station at that earlier of
the 2 dates and not at the latter.

Going thru the Winchester Star has not brought forth results of
exactly when the N&W closed the station but that 6 month window would
seem to be the range. I have been thru the Winchester Star looking for
a closure notice. Frank has been thru the Clarke County Courier and
found nothing there either plus Frank tried the State Corporation
Commission records for anything and couldn't find any help there.

I have included all group conversations leading up to these
observations as part of this "information tree" for any assistance.

Are Frank & I mis-reading the ETT, for it specifically lists Boyce as
a station in the October 1958 one and not the other?? In addition, the
agent, L.C. Murray I think it was, is also listed in the N&W's station
listing booklet of October 1958. I have copies of all the documents
specifically referenced here.

After that the flag stop status is understandable but the station was
obviously no longer open.

Bob Cohen

Boyce passenger service