N&W Class J's and Lynchburg, VA

Tue Mar 9 23:18:53 EST 2010

I have seen a few color and B&W photos of J's coming from Lynchburg, VA and arriving in Roanoke, the caption of the photos states that the J's serviced at Lynchburg by Southern RR crews were not as well keep (shined up, polished). My question is, was Lynchburg all Southern RR crews, and no N&W men there to tend to the N&W Locos like the way they would in Roanoke or Williamson, ect. Also these photos were when Steam was still king on the N&W. I know that in the later years they did't tend to the Locos like they used to, which is a shame in it's self. Thanks in advance.