The Enigma of Walt Willard

Sun Mar 21 19:01:29 EDT 2010

I have found one photo of Walt Willard. If any of you have the December 1957 issue of the Norfolk and Western Magazine, on page765, he is posed with a train crew (which apparently is a mine run out of Wilcoe) in 1942. I was rather surprised him to be still working in freight service this late, perhaps he was working 'anywhere' at that time, as engineer. The man's expression is a mystery but draw what you will from the photo.

Lois J. Ponton

ljp611 at ntelos.net