Rail Cam

Sun Apr 4 19:35:35 EDT 2010

roanokerailcam.com
________________________________
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2010 11:43 AM
To: NW Mailing List
Subject: Re: Rail Cam

what is the Web address for the Rail Cam ...????

Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 9:49:35 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern

You are correct. Most eastbound coal moves on the former Virginian from just east of Narrows. West of Roanoke, there are 7 to 12 eastbound movements daily, including coal, grain, and mixed freight. Very little moves westbound except when track work or heavy traffic volume on the former Norfolk and Western make this necessary. Raymond Smoot (in Ellett on the former Virginian) From: nw-mailing-list-bounces at nwhs.org [mailto:nw-mailing-list-bounces at nwhs.org] On Behalf Of NW Mailing List Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 8:44 PM To: nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org Subject: Rail Cam This is a question for those who are more familiar than I concerning NS movements. I watch the Rail Cam from Roanoke on a daily basis. Being a railroad fancier, I have noticed that there are a fair amount of empty coal hoppers heading westward back to the coal mines. However, I do not seem to see any such movement of full hoppers heading eastward. Are they heading to Norfolk on the old Virginian line? Thanks in advance. Frank Jefferson Sterling, VA