Special shop favors

Sat Sep 18 09:33:19 EDT 2010

If you ever heard the Jawn Henry's whistle, you know why they replaced it with
an air horn. I did, and it sounded pitiful.  Jim Nichols

________________________________
Sent: Sat, September 18, 2010 5:08:08 AM
Subject: Special shop favors

I am surprised that special shop favors were still being given to engineers at
that late date (1950's & 60's). Were there any other notable examples of such
favors?
Mr. King, I still share the dismayed feeling of your recording of when the "Jawn
Henry" whistle was replaced with an air horn. There is something about a steam
whistle that makes you desire to play your own spacial song, but an air horn
just sounds like an air horn.
Gene A.

---