N&W menus

Thu Oct 14 13:40:29 EDT 2010

Gordon, I'm impressed, how do you know about Lauderdale?

The N&W images I've seen were B&W or colorized and appear to have been
reversed. The lane to the right goes to the dairy actually located to the
left. Quite the sensation in the neighborhood when built, the home sported
a brick two-holer out back. Milk was hauled by wagon to Lithia and loaded
on the train for Roanoke. Ironically, the Valley Railroad was to have
passed just back of the barn.

Grant Carpenter

> Message: 5

> Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 20:31:28 -0500

> Subject: Re: N&W menus

> reply-type=original

> Frank,

> The picture on the front of this menu is of an existing home known as

> Lauderdale, located a little more than half way from Troutville on the

way

> to Buchanan along US 11. Incidentally, it went onto the Register of

> Historic Places Oct. 31, 2007. I don't know about other menu scenes, but

> suspect they were also real photos.

> Gordon Hamilton

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120522232424&ssPageName=A
DME:B:SS:US:1123