Collier Yard

Tue Oct 26 19:57:50 EDT 2010

Harry,

I don't know why politicians think the way they do, But the old line had been taken out including the bridge over the Appomattox. And they put the South Park interchange on top of the right of way I think. It looks like the connection track will come off the Belt Line just past Johnson Rd. and connect with CSX at BX. Probably a quicker routing. Also I don't know why one extra Amtrak train would necessitate a second bridge, not saying it would be good!!

Thanks, Walt. I knew the track had been taken up, but I didn't know about
the Appomattox River bridge, nor about the South Park interchange. Expect
that they're adding an additional span north of "BX" to accomodate trains
for the Southeast High Speed Corridor. Harry Bundy