"Bottling the Air"

Mon Nov 8 20:01:31 EST 2010

On the lead from the westward main track to Tracks 1 thru 5 and
the engine running track, there is a remote controlled derail
controlled by lever A317 on the old TC machine.? Tracks 1 thru 5
and the engine running track had remotely controlled turnouts that
were connected to a derail in each track.? Unless the?turnout on
the lead was reversed, the derail was in place and probably would
derail any runaway coal cars.
?
There were main line derails on the east and westbound main tracks,
but they were west of the East Yard lead at signals 324R and 310R.
Once a train doubling out got beyond the derail on the lead? (lever A317)
there were no more derails to stop it.? Remember that once?the circuit
is occupied by car or engine, the remote control for the turnouts and
derails becomes deactivated.??How do I know ?? Cause I?have the
Radford Div. TC machine East Bluefield to Narrows in the basement.???????
????????