High Visibility

Mon Nov 22 20:13:57 EST 2010

This is one idea that we borrowed from the Brits that really seems to work. They've had that color vest for years. I have one from the city of Alpharetta that says CERT on the back! Y'all might want to check out to see if a CERT team exists in your neighborhood - trained, equipped volunteers that self-mobilize in the event of a major emergency (tornado, hurricane, etc.). We also work public events with a lot of folks and since our firemen and police suffer from the same budget cuts that schools and hospitals do; this is a good way to give back.

Ed Svitil
Norfolk & Western Railway