"Great Smokey Mountain RR"

Mon Dec 6 11:04:49 EST 2010

A bit of additional information......coming in to Murphy, NC and connecting with the Southern there was a L&N branch coming off the L&N's old Hook and Eye mainline at Murphy Jct. near Blue Ridge, GA. All but 5 miles of this line was abandoned and removed in the 1980's. The 5 remaining miles line now ends at Mineral Bluff. When I lived in Clemson, SC in the 1990's I was invited by friends that owned and operated motor cars to do a run from Dillsboro to Murphy and back. It was an interesting trip.

Ed Painter; Narrows, VA living in Russellville, AR