C&O 614 to VMT

Mon Dec 6 23:33:55 EST 2010

Rick

Would not take anymore money to have 614 running again than
it would to have 611 running again. Basically the same boiler work
Just a few hundred thousand. Actually it would be small change compared
to what they have all ready spent on three C-36s and the 15 passenger cars
.
I don't think this project is lacking capital dollars. Ross has said no
steam
at this time and is concentrating on getting the train ready.
As far as pipedreams are concerned Ross has had some great ones over the
years and I have enjoy ever one of them. Bob Claytor had a few dreams also
and I enjoyed them too. So it don't hurt to dream. And while your at it
dream
big.

Larry Evans
Kenova, WV

Sent: Monday, December 06, 2010 9:05 AM
Subject: Re: C&O 614 to VMT

> Last summer, a weekend of special events on the South Branch Valley was

> advertised as featuring WM Scenic RR's 2-8-0. That would have required

> CSX to tow the 2-8-0 from Cumberland to Green Spring, about 13 miles.

> That was wishful thinking on someone's part, because it never happened.

> As for 614 pulling the proposed Greenbrier Express, that is an even

> greater pipedream. Besides getting CSX cooperation, the locomotive hasn't

> operated in years. Real $$$ to restore it to operation.

> --Rick Morrison

> Steven

>> Where do you get this CSX routing NS move all the

>> way as I see it ? Commonwealth pilots on all there locomotives.

>> Larry Evans

>> Kenova. W.Va

>>> Shops?