Was Wondering

Sun Dec 19 18:39:39 EST 2010

It would have also caused major damage to the station platforms.   Remember that much of the area where those racks were laying were station tracks with an overhead canopy.

Jeff Hawkins

Sent: Sunday, December 19, 2010 9:55:02 AM
Subject: RE: Was Wondering

Could you imagine the uproar that would have occurred had this derailment happened, at it's same location , just down from the General Office Buildings, when Mr. R.H.Smith was N&W President in the 1950's?  John Katz, Virginia Beach