Rail Cam

Sun Jan 9 15:43:45 EST 2011

Just in case someone out there may not be aware of it, there is a second camera at the Virginia Museum of Transportation just two blocks away from the Roanoke Rail Cam that also provides a view of the same trains that pass the Roanoke Rail Cam. This camera faces northeast whereas the Roanoke Rail Cam faces southeast. This alternate camera can be found at www.nwhs.org/cam/vmt/. Although it is "stop-action" at about two second intervals, that is an advantage if you want to read reporting marks, etc. Also, the area viewed by this camera is illuminated at night.

Gordon Hamilton
Sent: Sunday, January 09, 2011 12:11 PM
Subject: RE: Rail Cam

I couldn't access either on Friday evening. I thought it might just be a maintenance or connection issue that would be worked on over the weekend.

Have a good day, all

George Weber
High Point, NC