Jimmy Lisle

Wed Jan 19 21:38:45 EST 2011

Terry,

The "Jimmy" you heard the yard master talking to was
probably Jimmy Boyd, a brakeman. Vardo Yard used to have its own joint
employees which were paid both by PC/N&W. When this system was abolished the
joint employees had to choose a position with either Penn Central or Norfolk
& Western. All the joint employees, as I recall, chose PC which operated
the yard in those times, except Jimmy Boyd. So when Jimmy came in on a train
he was treated like a long lost member of the family.

Mason Cooper