Fw: Fw: N&W in 1911-- Helpful information for a friend.

Fri Jan 28 06:00:15 EST 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: robert hearn
To: Elmore1031 at aol.com
Cc: gene4927 at cox.net
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2011 1:39 AM
Subject: RE: Fw: N&W in 1911--

Thank you Max & Gene! This is a pleasant surprise, this accident happened to my Daddy. He had to quit school and go to work at age13, to help support the family of 3 boys and 4 girls upon the death of his mother. He was born May 15, 1895, so that made him 16 years old with 3 years of service! He worked 52 more years on the N&W. He was automatically retired on his 70th birthday and lived to be 95 years old. He was a locomotive engineer when he retired.

I didn't know about him being in the hospital in Bluefield due to his being caught between two cars!