seeking help with a new book

Tue Feb 1 11:45:40 EST 2011

Hello all,

I have recently joined your list-serve. I am a writer based in
Blacksburg, Virginia. I am in the planning stage for a new book to
be called Chasing the Powhatan Arrow. This will be a compilation of
experiences of my own and the people I meet as I retrace the path of
N&W's famous line from Norfolk to Cincinnati.

I am looking for people who have had associations with the train --
engineers, porters, stationmasters, machinists, and passengers -- who
would be willing to share their stories with me for inclusion in the
book. Ideally, I would like to find people who still live near the corridor.

If you are interested or know anyone who might be, please let me know
by phone (540-392-1119) or email <bikemike at nrvunwired.net>. I would
be happy to send upon request a position paper more fully explaining
my goal for the book. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,
Michael Abraham

Michael Abraham, author

The Spine of the Virginias
Journeys along the border between Virginia and West Virginia

Union, WV
A novel of loss, healing, and redemption in contemporary Appalachia

Harmonic Highways
Motorcycling Virginia's Crooked Road

(Please purchase my books at my website, www.bikemike.name)

Please join me as I blog each week about my books and whatever comes
to mind, at www.bikemike.name

304 Royal Lane
Blacksburg, VA 24060
Cell: 540-392-1119