Fwd: Virginian Caboose

Fri Feb 11 22:35:55 EST 2011

All freight cars have their road numbers painted on the center sill. If you find an underframe, look it over carefully for a number. The cabs (in operation) carried the car number above the end doors. Other than that, I don't know how else to find the number, unless you can find someone who saw and photographed the cab before the numbers were lost.

Good luck!

Jeff Sanders