VGN 800

Fri Mar 11 10:35:12 EST 2011

"An injector puts cold water (ignoring the steam used to operate it) into the boiler, so an engineer could use his injector in such a way as to make life tough for the fireman by killing steam pressure with cold water while keeping the throttle way open."

Gordon,
Short on time here, but, that is not exactly how it works or should be told. In other words there is a lot of myth in your statement.

Jimmy Lisle

I should have added that that my reply may cause a number of questions and in an effort not to veer the VGN 800 thread off course, maybe a new "Injector" thread should be started.

JL