N&W Blue

Fri Mar 18 17:26:13 EDT 2011

Wabash Blue like N&W Blue can seem to vary with age, cleanliness, lighting, and such (from looking at pictures). Overall, Wabash Blue appears to be a lighter shade than N&W Blue. This appears especially to be the case in pictures of "new" U-25Bs and GP-35s. As for N&W units delivered "new" in N&W Blue:

* All 1300 series GP-40s were delivered in Blue (this would be all N&W GP-40s)

* All 1500 and 1600 series SD-40s were delivered in Blue (this would be all N&W SD-40s)

* All 1700 and 1800 series SD-45s were delivered in Blue (this would be all N&W SD-45s)

* All 1900 series U-28Bs were delivered in Blue (this would be all N&W U-28Bs)

* All 1900 series U-30Bs were delivered in Blue (8400-8514 were black with "half-moons" and 8515-8539 were black with NW)

* C-628s - 1110-1129, the second order of C-628s, were delivered in Blue (the first order 1100-1109 were black with "half-moons")

* All 1100 series C-630s were delivered in Blue (this would be all N&W C-630s)

Ed Painter - Narrows, VA living in Russellville, AR