Sardinia OH Depot

Sun Mar 20 18:50:25 EDT 2011

Hi George,
I live in Sardinia and every time I leave my place to go somewhere, I
look at the location where the depot was. I contacted my cousin who has
lived here most of his life and and worked for the village. He
confirmed what Jim said, there was no fire, it was torn down.
The only thing on the lot now are recycle bins and what looks like a
storage shed. The "Y" to the Hillsboro branch is still there but is
covered with pavement in some areas and the track ends on the North side
of Rt. 32. The depot sat between the "Y" and the main line.
If you Google Earth Sardinia, Ohio and go to the east side of the
village, you can see the mainline and the "Y" and the lot where it was.
It is located just west of where the mainline crosses the road and the
passing siding starts on the east side of the road crossing.

Bob Beckelhimer
Sardinia, OH