Roanoke - Winston-Salem line profile and grades

Mon Apr 11 16:31:33 EDT 2011

Can anyone tell me about the grades on this line? I understand that
articulated steam ruled on freights and locals, and I am in need of some
understanding of the line's profile, especially so where helpers would have
been used during the steam era. TIA
--
*jerry
<jmlaboda at gmail.com>

**I hate getting old... Over the years I have learned a lot of things, but I
just can't remember much of it anymore.*

*Passenger Car Photo Index - New Home**! New Look! Same Great Resource!*
*UPDATED 11/13/10 WITH OVER 4357 NEW LINKS ADDED**!!!*
<http://passcarphotos.info>

*Southern Railway Historical & Modeling Resources - UPDATED 13 JANUARY 2011
!!!*
<http://southernmodeler.info/>

*Appreciate Freedom??? Thank a Veteran!!!*