Lambert's Point Lighthouse

Wed Apr 27 19:25:41 EDT 2011

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wed, Apr 27, 2011 3:38 pm
Subject: Re: Lambert's Point Lighthouse

Dear Lynette,

In case you haven't seen the attached picture of Lamberts Point Lighthouse from Norfolk & Western Railway - Pocahontas Coal Carrier by Richard E. Prince, you may find it of interest. Although this picture is credited to N&W Ry., I could find no reference to such an image in the Virginia Tech image database of N&W images or in the N&W Historical Society's database. A historical society in Norfolk might have more information.

Gordon Hamilton
This week end while trimming up some drawings at GOB-East, I ran across one from 1899 showing THE
coal pier with the lighthouse on the end. It was drawn to show termite infestation on the piling as
determined by a diver. Harry Bundy