Morse Day and Train Night

Sun May 1 22:46:30 EDT 2011

Thanks to all who stopped by for Morse Day and Train Night at Boyce station. The food was good, the weather was great, and the participation was superb! Particular thanks goes to Chris Hausler for setting up the telegraphy connection, Bob Cohen for aiding in arranging tables, chairs, and canopy, Nick Pitsch for the digital projector set-up, as well as Nathan Simmons for computer support and station docent during the day.

A few snapshots are included at http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.1044706391124.2008306.1029546011&l=f51c6c15b3 If you attended and took photos, please pass them along to me off-list. I prefer full-size, uncompressed pictures, if possible as email attachments.

Please keep the last Saturday in April 2012 open for the next Morse Day and Train Night!

Best wishes,

Dr. Frank R. Scheer, Curator
Railway Mail Service Library, Inc.
f_scheer at yahoo.com
(301) 386-8970 - weekday office
(540) 837-9090 - Saturday afternoon
in the former N&W station on VA rte 723
117 East Main Street
Boyce VA 22620-9639

Please note: Only U.S. Mail can be delivered to this rural delivery mailbox. Kindly DO NOT send parcels via FedEx or UPS to this address.

Visit at http://www.railwaymailservicelibrary.org

http://www.facebook.com/RailwayMailServiceLibrary

http://www.railwaymailservicelibrary.org/articles/RMSL2008.DOC
http://www.railwaymailservicelibrary.org/ebay/RMSL2009.DOC