N&W in 1911--Station water

Fri Jun 3 11:21:43 EDT 2011

In the early 1950s I rode the Cardinal, the self-propelled passenger car on the Frankfork & Cincinnati RR in Kentucky, and I remember that it had some sort of penny-operated paper cup dispenser. I can't remember any details about its appearance, however.

Gordon Hamilton
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2011 12:08 AM
Subject: Re: N&W in 1911--Station water

Here's a link to a penny operated dixie cup dispenser. I guess this is what they were talking about. I've never seen anything quite like this.

http://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=1464&aid=28096&lid=7784840

Mike Weeks
Greenville, NC