High Visibility

Mon Jun 27 18:20:15 EDT 2011

On 6/27/2011 10:42 AM, NW Mailing List wrote:

> "This is one idea that we borrowed from the Brits that really seems to

> work."

> Yeah, well speak for yourself Ed. I haven't found anyone that

> likes other hot oppressive vests yet. On top of that, the people that

> really need to be seen, car inspectors and outside shop forces, don't

> have to wear them.

> Jimmy Lisle

Add to that the fact that we're required to wear the vests ANY TIME
we're outside - even working alone in the middle of nowhere. Got to
make sure the squirrels get a good laugh, I guess.

How many accidents or injuries on US railroads have been a result of a
trainman not being seen? As you say, the ones we really need to be
looking out for don't wear them.

Ken Rickman

--
Kenneth Rickman