Last N&W CPL Signals in Tidewater Coming Down

Wed Jul 6 13:56:39 EDT 2011

In this case these new signals will cantilever over and above the 2 tracks. As such they must be high enough to give adequate clearance for the highest potential loads that would be transported under them.

Newer signals that don’t cantilever or bridge the tracks aren’t as high normally. Though there are cases where single mast signals are very high based on the track profile and engineers need to see them.

Other comments?

Ed Painter – Narrows, VA living in Russellville, AR