New York and Long Branch

Wed Aug 10 08:09:07 EDT 2011

>Tom: Didn't think of that when I wrote my comments. Sort of a return to the past (my era) when CNJ

t>rains terminated at the Hudson River ferry connection. When the CNJ terminal was closed, I wondered what might have happened if the Hudson Tubes had also interghanged with >the CNJ. As built, only the Lackawanna and the Erie terminals were served by the tube trains. Thanks for your add.

Not to mention the PRR and NYS&W . . . and for a short time, the LV . . .

>Rails Remembered, in the Arrow, includes time spent riding trains of the NY&LB. I lived there for the first 15 years of my life, and would like to add to the >content of the article. The southern end of the line was a model RR style loop at Bay Head; and the loop is still there ! During steam days, all NY&LB trains

Even better – it was a loop-to-loop style model railroad as many PRR-side trains went to Sunnyside and turned on the loop there.

Life imitates art . . .

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie