Star flashlight

Sun Sep 18 10:01:19 EDT 2011

I have a early Star flashlight that was my wifes Grandpa's. It is in
great shape, can't find a model number on it. Haven't been able to much
about it. Painted light blue has N&W RY stamped vertical dwn one side
and his inatails inprinted on a tape strip oo the other side.
Does anyone have any ideal about age of this? Since the light bulbs
are listed on GE website as 5.2 volt can I assume a six volt lantern
battery was used for powes?
Thanks for the great posts, I have learned alot.
John Musgrove