Iaeger and Southern

Wed Sep 21 12:52:41 EDT 2011

I think the fellows name was Sid Bailey.

------------------------------

*Sent:* Wednesday, September 21, 2011 11:53 AM
*To:* NW Mailing List
*Subject:* Re: Iaeger and Southern

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 8:38 AM, Alex wrote:

Real Iaeger & Southern was chartered by William Ritter in 1898 to serve his
lumber operations on Dry Fork in McDowell County, WV. N&W got the rr when
they bought the Pocahontas Coal & Coke Co in 1901. Iaeger & Southern became
the basis of the N&W's Dry Fork and Jacobs Fork Branches.

Can anyone tell me anything about this operation, which included a number
of passenger cars that saw use in excursion and charter service?

Right, but Jerry's original message was about the "modern" Iaeger &
Southern, which I seem to remember had at least one passenger car lettered
and operated in N&W and NS excursion service. What I can't remember is the
name of the person who owned the car, although "Sid" seems to ring a bell.

Bruce in Blacksburg