Looking for info on top check valve for class M.

NW Mailing List nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org
Thu Nov 10 13:00:22 EST 2011

I have several photos of class Ms (esp. #396) that show a double entry top check valve on the boiler. From the photos it appears that the pipes from the injectors enter the valve from the rear. However, I cannot find such a valve in any Loco Cyc. Every example I find has side entry pipes.

Can anyone help me out here either with a close up photo, or tell me the brand name of the valve, or reference a drawing? The closest I can find is an Edna valve, but it has side entry.


Joe Giannovario

More information about the NW-Mailing-List mailing list