N&W boxcar detail questions

Thu Dec 29 11:02:01 EST 2011

I know that at least a few members of a couple of classes of N&W boxcars were converted to have roof hatches for top loading of powdered items.

This pictures I have seen only show them in profile. Does anyone have a detailed view of these hatches that they can share or tell me where to find one on-line? Is there an available model of these hatches anywhere in HO scale that I can use to convert some of my own cars?

Lastly, were any N&W boxcars ever equipped with small lumber loading doors/hatches in the ends of the cars?

Thanks for any and all help.

Sincerely (and Happy New Year)

Dr. J. Brent Greer