Belated Re: G1 tender dimensions?

Tue Jan 24 20:41:01 EST 2012

Thanks for the responses I had on my question. Sorry, it's taken me a
while to respond, but I want to say that the folks on this list have
been very helpful - not only this time, but EVERY time I have a question.

Ken Rickman

On 1/16/2012 9:21 PM, NW Mailing List wrote:

> These dimensions are from the drawing in the book, "Norfolk and

> Western Steam: The Last 25 Years."

> Length over pulling face: 22' 7 & 1/16"

> wheelbase: 16' 4"

> wheel center to wheel center per truck: 5' 6"

> wheel center to wheel center between trucks: 5' 4"

> center of one truck to center of other truck: 10'

> center of front truck to tender front: 6' 3"

> center of rear truck to rear pulling face: 6' 4 and 1/16"

> Marty Flick

Thanks for the dimensions, Marty. That will go a long way toward making
a good tender.

On 1/17/2012 8:05 AM, NW Mailing List wrote:

> I have a set of Diagrams of Standard Locomotives that shows two tenders.

> One has 5,000 gal of water and 19,300 lbs. of coal and the other has 6,000

> gal of water and 27,600 lbs. of coal.

> The drawings only show length of the tenders, but could be scaled for the

> rest of the side measurements. I can scan them if you are interested.

> Skip Sledge

Skip,
If the offer is still on the table, I'd love to have a scanned copy of
the drawing! With Marty's dimensions and a good scale drawing, I should
have enough to make a fairly accurate model.

--
Kenneth Rickman
Salisbury, NC