Yard Clerk - N&W Magazine, April 1929

Wed Feb 29 17:55:14 EST 2012

RE: Yard Clerk - N&W Magazine, April 1929
Wednesday, February 29, 2012 4:20 PM
From: "Early Office Museum" <eomcurator at hotmail.com>
To: f_scheer at yahoo.com

You will find information on Dalton at:

http://www.daltondatabank.org/Chronicles/James_L_Dalton-Adding_Machine.htm

http://branfordhouseantiques.com/cgi-bin/p/awtp-product-category.cgi?d=branford-house-antiques&pc=10941

The latter has good photographs, but I do not know that the decoration is original or authentic, and the prices are extremely high.

The early models of the Dalton machine had glass sides. The machine in your photo does not -- the sides are sheet metal. You will see both types on the first web page above. If you watch for a Dalton machine on eBay, you may want to wait for one with metal sides. The price of a Dalton machine should be modest (certainly under $100 in working condition and good cosmetic condition), although I had not paid attention to prices.

Mark

February 29, 2012

Thank you for the additional information and references.

Best wishes,

Frank Scheer
f_scheer at yahoo.com