N&W Pullman 4137 ?

Wed Mar 28 16:13:14 EDT 2012

Abram: The number 4137 is meaningless for an N&W passenger car (or Pullman). The
date of May 1950 was less than a year after the Budd cars were delivered, and I
have no record of any N&W Budd car being wrecked that early (especially wrecked
enough to justify loss of a builders plate). I remember the last time you asked
about it on the list. The plate could be legitimate (I never saw one on the 20
sleepers Budd built for N&W, but that doesn't mean they weren't there!). But the
information on the business card doesn't make any sense. Some of these cars are
silll running on the S.A.M. Shortline out of Cordelle, GA. Maybe somebody can
examine them to see if any of them still have such a plate somewhere. But 4137?
No!

Jim Nichols

Sent: Tue, March 27, 2012 9:45:05 PM
Subject: Re: N&W Pullman 4137 ?

Pardon me, but I attached the wrong file to my earlier post.  Here is the
correct file, a PDF which depicts the plate as well as the front and back of the
business card attached to it.

-- abram burnett