SD-45 1728

Tue Apr 17 11:26:37 EDT 2012

I "put out feelers" to those-in-the-know here in the Harrisburg area.  One respondent advised that Harrisburg  newspaper photographer Jim Bradley took a "complete" set of photographs at the Lees Cross Roads wreck, that his photos are identified with crew names and date, and that all of his railroad work is now in the Cumberland County Historical Society in Carlisle, Pa.  Said respondent lives in Carlisle and will check for information on his next trip to the Historical Society.

By the way... the two photographs I have of the wreck are l ow-quality scans of old color prints.  One shows N&W Eng 1521 turned over on its left side.  Another depicts N&W Eng 320 after it had apparently been "set aside" by the wreck clearing operation.

-- abram burnett