Heritage Unit Photos

Wed Apr 25 20:50:16 EDT 2012

Todd

First of all I what to say thanks NS and Wick Mormon for all there
efforts. Great Job it makes no difference what
color it is. It's not a N&W locomotive anyway.

I agree with Mark its fairly clear that it is not the same color any
of us remember and does not match the photographic record
as he said. I have seen it in person and photos and does not look
correct to me. And maybe everyone is wrong but it been talked
about on just about ever list on the internet and no one ever said it was
to dark.

With all due respect the color info was provide from a sample from a member
of this list as I understand it. EMD
may have provided some information but all the paint code info EMD has is
no longer useable I have research it
with great detail. EMD, Duco, Deluxe, Harris codes can no longer be mix by
the code info . That being said it can
be matched exactly from a sample of the paint. And that is apparently were
it went wrong or maybe NS relied on
faulty info from EMD. EMD would not have available any new paint codes for
this paint because they have not
used it since the 1960s.

The Attached Photo is the way I remember it

Larry Evans
Kenova, WV