old train pictures

Thu May 3 12:20:37 EDT 2012

Bruce,

I can added a little to what has been said previously about the J photo.

The J's got the cupola from late January to early March 1958. If the engine number was legible, I could tell you the date that the cupola was put on that engine's tender. All J's were taken out of main line passenger service about July 20, 1958. If this is a regular service train that would be the "between" dates for this photo. If on an excursion, could be 1959.

Bud Jeffries
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 2:04 PM
Subject: Re: old train pictures