Need information on N&W boom idler 556527

Wed May 16 22:59:22 EDT 2012

It is my hope to one day soon model the N&W wreck train assigned to Brewster, Ohio. Over the last decade I've acquired a great deal of information on this train, along with many photos of the various pieces of equipment that made up the wreck train.
?
One key area I am still trying to get details on is the boom idler car 556527, assigned to wrecker 550008. I have acquired side shots and end details shots, but I have not been able to acquire a single good photo of the flat car deck and of the door detail on the front of the two large tool boxes built on the end of the flat. I would really appreaciate if someone had a photo or two of this particular car they would be willing to share. If no photos exist showing what I want to know, a well done drawing and written description would be equally welcome.
?
Some specific details I am looking for are as follows. I would like to know the door detail on the two large tool boxes/cabinets added to the end of the flat car deck. Dimensions would also be helpful if available, otherwise I can make a good assumption of their size. Also, I want specifics on the deck of the flat car. This idler car was made from an ex-NKP TOFC flat car conversion. When originally built it had a combination wood and steel deck. Was this still the case when converted into a boom idler flat? If so, what part of the deck was wood and what part was steel? What additional details were added to the deck for boom service? I have one very grainy, small B&W photo of the deck, and from that photo it?looks like steel channels were added to the deck to carry an emergency truck(s) perpendicular to the deck. Was that the case? There?also?appear to be four posts welded?upright,?perpendicular to the deck, two per side. Is this the case? What is the exact construction of these posts, their dimensions and their purpose?
?
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. I thank you for your time.
?
Greg Bowler
?
?