Heritage Units-Brake Stick Holder

Fri Jul 20 15:55:35 EDT 2012

"I guess if I had been smart, I would have waited a minute or two and looked through the photo archieves. The unit I shot in Gainesville, GA was in fact an ex-NW SD40-2 #1647. The new brake stick holder has been added to both sides of the unit, towards what is now rear truck. During it's recent rehab, the 1642 received a new eletronic push button parking brake, a new MU block on the front and rears pilot faces, an A/C unit, new antennae, a CR style low plow, the new horsehead paint scheme and I'm sure some more internal gadgets and gizmoes that I am not aware of.

I'll try to post some images of the unit on my Zenfolio page by the end of the weekend and will post teh link to the mailing list.

Regards,
Russ Goodwin
Buford, GA"

I think what you are describing, since a photo hasn't been supplied yet, is not the brake stick holder at all. Instead, it is a holder for the EOT devices.
The brake stick holders are mounted inside the cab of the units on the conductor's side and most all units are equiped as such at this time.

Jimmy Lisle