LC-1 and 2

Thu Jul 26 07:25:38 EDT 2012

All the locomotives had glass windows, but the units generated a lot of heat
when running. Crewmen would sometimes remove the window pane for personal
comfort.

Mason Cooper

Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 8:39 PM
To: NW Mailing List
Subject: Re: LC-1 and 2

The LC-1 had glass windows. See picture on page 114 of Thieme's N&W As I
Knew It.

Jim Nichols

_____

Sent: Wed, July 25, 2012 4:08:32 PM
Subject: LC-1 and 2

I need to ask a few questions about the LC-1 and LC2 locos for my
scratchbuilding efforts. There is no glass in the windows on the sides of
the LC-1, but I have seen wooden boards partly covering some windows. Is
this temperature control for the equipment in the loco? The LC-2 has 4-pane
windows in the side. Why do they have glass and the LC-1 doesn't.

What type of joint is there between trucks in the LC-1? Are they connected?

On the LC-1, I am trying to duplicate the window-hole frames. Is it just a
trim strip like a passenger car? Does anyone know the dimensions of the LC-1
side windows?

Thanks a bunch. I live too far away to get into the archives...

Mike Shockley

N&W Guyandotte Division