Old photos

Thu Aug 30 10:36:20 EDT 2012

My grandfather was James L. Akers, who started as telegrapher in Atkins, VA in
1910 and moved to Rural Retreat in 1919.  He was in the O. Winston Link photos
of the Birmingham Special and Pelican in 1957.  I have a photo he took of the
Atkins Depot in 1911, and several photos of Rural Retreat taken about 1949.
Also have the March 1960 issue of the Norfolk and Western Magazine that has the
article about him, announcing his retirement after 50 years.  I would be happy
to share those images if anyone is interested.  And I would ask your support for
the Rural Retreat Depot that we are trying to save and restore.  Thank you.
Frank Akers  www.ruralretreatdepot.org