Boones Mill Depot coming down?

Sat Sep 15 16:39:54 EDT 2012

We are facing a similar challenge at Rural Retreat.  In our case we just got a
lease for the land.  Now we need to finish raising money to buy the depot.
http://express-press-release.net/101/Rural-Retreat-Depot-Foundation-Secures-Long-Term-Lease-89047574.php

________________________________
Sent: Sat, September 15, 2012 8:41:02 AM
Subject: Re: Boones Mill Depot coming down?

Thanks Ken

Dare I say it, being in fundraising professionally, this should have gone
regional / national / international at the start of the 6 months amongst the
wider as well as the railway and railroad work and fan community to have a good
chance of raising that sort of money.

A big challenge for a relatively small matter. It is though not just a little
local matter in a far far away place we (probably) do care about doing something
about to help.

Still - that's spilled milk.

No doubt all thought about and/or going through your mind(s).

Do you know what's really driving NS? Is top management approachable on
flexibility? Any political contacts to put some pressure on? Plans for use of
the building that look feasible? Evidence of fundraising and plan for that,
which could help persuade a further stay? Lack of a site is clearly a major
hurdle, as you say.

I've recently been clearing out old papers and sent the file on stuff I did on
fundraising in the UK railway and photography communities for the prospective
OWL Museum way back now. I had met Jim Sears at one point, and then talked with
Michelle (last name escapes me - pity I sent that file for recycling) and did a
little research and development work though whether or not it was used I don't
know.

I know of the difficulties of moving structures - friends in New Zealand had
their family wooden fame home of c. 100 years moved and not too far - gingerly
and slowly across a couple of highways about 25 years ago.

Anything that I can help with from this end let me know.

All the very best for the project.

Dominic

Dominic Pinto BA MIEEE MITP MFITCE MIoF FRSA

London UK

Policy - Strategy - Management
Fundraising - Business Development
On the web and on twitter @zorrodp

I Walked with the Pirates for the third time on May 26th - all 12 miles in
record time! Many thanks to all who have supported this - £990 so far - only £10
short of the £1000 target! - there's still time for others to sponsor me

We want to raise a total of £30,000 this year through WLaP and other
fundraising, for the many improvements that will make the Castle an even
better place for ALL to meet, participate and enjoy.